Saturday 11 June 2011

Summer

Summer is upon us, but the dread of exams is in the way. Exams, and tests in schools I see as quite pointless. If a teacher is to know your understanding of subjects, I think it should come from within the class discussions and homework of sorts. Test make students anxious, and worried, which is never good. It promotes almost like a dislike for a subject or for education in general which will cripple the learning process.
In my view, tests and every exam should be taken away, and students should not have to worry about them, and not worry for any hardcore studying required to pass, or particularly to excel. If the exams and tests are gone, the students should be more willing to learn, and shall see education more as a liberation of the mind than a labour. 


10 comments:

  1. I hate taking an exam that isn't representative of what I've learned. I think if exams were fair, it would go a long way to make them less stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love summer, exams will be fine. just think about the beach when your doing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wheres the sign up sheet to ban exams and tests, count me in haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you think exams are hard now just wait until your in university =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. back in the day i got a good maths mark, can i do maths in my head now? can i hell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm doing my exams at the moment, boring and stressful but has to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you do well on all your exams^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. but we all love that feeling of completing them haha

    i follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Agree but they would have to be replaced with a portfolio system to gauge if the student did the work and progressed.

    ReplyDelete